By Jeff Anderson “the Muscle Nerd”
Much research has been done into the seemingly impossible task of “spot reduction” of body fat.
You know…like how to burn fat directly off of your belly WITHOUT taking away from the butt you’re so proud of.
While experts have claimed that there’s no way to “spot reduce” where you’re able to take of the fat, recent studies are showing that it may in fact be possible.
For example, scientists have studied exactly WHERE fat is burned from in order to fuel certain activities.
It seems that there may be a unique connection where the fat cells in the location of the muscles being exercised may actually provide the bulk of the long term fuel for your training.
This is NOT definitive yet, but it holds promise.
It also supports my theory (and again, this is ONLY my theory!) that your MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTION plays a STRONG role in how much, and WHERE you can burn fat.
In this article, I reveal a unique tip that I use to increase the “mind-muscle” connection to (again, in theory) burn more belly fat from your training by implementing a crazy “cardio fat blaster”…
How To Burn More Belly Fat During Exercise
1. First, if you have my best-selling “Combat The Fat” program (www.CombatTheFat.com), you know that I’m a HUGE supporter of LOW intensity cardio as a fat-burner.
Sure, you can get your panties all in a wad while you preach to me about how HIGH intensity is better, but I lay out the FACTS in my book and the men and women who have used CTF know the real deal.
Anyhoo, I digress…
2. For this exercise session, you’ll do a quick, low effort warmup of about 5 minutes on a treadmill, bike, or other exercise equipment.
3. Next, do a set of WEIGHTED CRUNCHES until failure. Just one single set.
4. Now, go and do a 10 minute LOW INTENSITY cardio activity that uses primarily either an upper body or lower body movement (e.g. – Rowing machine/jumping rope primarily works upper body while jogging, bike, works lower)
5. When 10 minutes are up, do one set of HANGING LEG RAISES (with your legs straight) to failure and then go on to your 2nd 10-minute bout of low intensity cardio using the opposite area of your body as your last set.
(i.e. – if you jumped rope in your last cardio round, switch to an exercise like jogging on the treadmill this time.)
6. When done, do a single set to failure of HANGING ROTATIONAL KNEE RAISES…then on to your 3rd round of cardio using the opposite half of your body.
And so it goes on, switching back and forth between an abs exercise and low intensity cardio.
For your follow up abs exercises, I suggest (in order)…
=> Hanging Knee Raises
=> Either crunches or V-ups
As you can see, we slowly decrease the intensity of the abs exercise choices with each set as you get closer to the end of your workout.
But in essence, by training your abs throughout your cardio session, you send a “message” to your body WHERE you want all that fat-burning cardio to do most of it’s work.
You may think I’m crazy, but give it a try and see if it doesn’t make a difference in where your measurements start reflecting results!